Efile IRS Tax Form 2290 Truck Tax | Highway Heavy Vehicle Use Tax(HVUT) is the IRS authorized efile provider for form 2290 truck tax otherwise called as heavy vehicle use tax(hvut) return. It comes from a series of tax e-file services provided by yakshna solutions inc, which is a leading provider in the tax industry. There are customized packages available for fleet owners as well as tax professionals to file their road tax return with ease. It provides bulk filing features for large fleet owners and 24/7 customer support over phone, chat and email.

File form 2290 with etax2290 today and receive stamped schedule1 from IRS in minutes!

Form 2290- EIN information release!

Posted by Admin on 15. April 2012 22:21


An Employer Identification Number (EIN) is also known as a federal tax identification number, and is used to identify a business entity. It is also used by estates and trusts which have income which is required to be reported on Form 1041, U.S. Income Tax Return for Estates and Trusts (PDF). Refer to Employer ID Numbers for more information.

When Filing a  Form 2290  to pay your  Truck Tax  in previous years you could do so using your social security number. This was an acceptable identification number because the   IRS  was still working on issuing EIN's to all Sole Proprietorships. With that be said the use of Social Security Numbers in the Filing of your  2290  is no longer acceptable. Per the IRS website all 2290's must be filed using an EIN number. Now for those who dont know their EIN number there is a number that you can call to verify your business name and EIN as it is in the IRS database. If at anytime you are unsure of either your Business name or your EIN simply call this number and go through the IRS prompts to verify the information. The number to call is: 

United States: 866-699-4096 (toll free)

Canada or Mexico: 859-669-5733 (not toll free) 

There are some filers who have not been issued an EIN number and this may include filers who have recently initialized there business. For those filers who dont have an EIN or call to verify and are informed that the IRS has not yet issued an EIN to them there is a way to request an EIN be issued to you. You have two options. Filers may:

1. Request an EIN by phone by calling  1-800-829-4933


2. Apply online by visiting  and click on the “Employer ID Numbers” (EINs) link